www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Simon Weaver <si...@principia.edu>
Subject mod_jserv/4123: If the first request is POST then getParameter doesn't work
Date Thu, 25 Mar 1999 11:15:07 GMT

>Number:         4123
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       If the first request is POST then getParameter doesn't work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Basically I have an HTML form that was created by my servlet.

1. Run the servlet and display the form in netscape
2. recompile the servlet.
3. Fill in the form and click submit
4. Nothing happens

On closer examination:
getParameter("box1") is always null the FIRST TIME THE FORM IS SUBMITTED
If I click back and Submit then it works fine.

BUT.... If I use ACTION=GET instead of POST then it will work the first
time too. This has been verified by loading the same form on two machines.
I submit them both, they both are identical in content - cookies on etc.
Ony the second one works. Then if I resubmit the first one it works too.
It always works first time with ACTION=GET

NB. I dont think this is  a URL rewriting problem , as i first wondered because there is
none in the link.
>How-To-Repeat:
currently internal
>Fix:
Sorry, I just discovered it - maybe its fixed by now but I couldnt
 immediately find it in the bug database.