www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Robert Akroyd <rob...@sysdeco.co.uk>
Subject mod_jserv/4105: getRemoteUser() returns null - why ?
Date Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:59:09 GMT

>Number:         4105
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       getRemoteUser() returns null - why ?
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
After authenticating a connection on my webserver, which loads a page containing an Applet,
the Applet subsequently calls a Servlet.
Upon querying the req.getRemoteUser() in the service method I get null returned.
What could I be doing wrong, or this not the correct way of doing things ?
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
Does the ApacheJserv not acquire the remote user in the request header ?