www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jarkko Saloranta <...@kpo.fi>
Subject Re: general/3912: Apache adds Content-Location with ProxyPass
Date Fri, 19 Mar 1999 14:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3912; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Jarkko Saloranta <jjs@kpo.fi>
To: lars@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/3912: Apache adds Content-Location with ProxyPass
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 16:48:19 +0200 (EET)

 On 21 Feb 1999 lars@apache.org wrote:

 > Synopsis: Apache adds Content-Location with ProxyPass
 >
 > State-Changed-From-To: open-feedback
 > State-Changed-By: lars
 > State-Changed-When: Sat Feb 20 16:40:35 PST 1999
 > State-Changed-Why:
 >
 > Try using "UseCanonicalName Off" on your backend-servers.

 I investigted this more. And you are right that the backend server adds
 that header.
 It adds when requesting an URI like: http://www.somesite.com/something/
 and it adds Content-Location: http://www.somesite.com/something/index.html

 The problem here is that in many cases these backend servers are not very
 configurable. I am unable to strip that Content-Location header with that
 backend-servers that sends it.

 Apache module mod_headers has the ability to unset http-headers,
 but it seems that it won't work with ProxyPass.
 I added lines like this to my httpd.conf:

 ProxyPass /somelocation http://somesite/someplace/
 ProxyPassReverse /somelocation http://somesite/someplace/
 Header unset Content-Location

 Apache did not strip Content-Location header with this configuration

 I also tried this:

 <Location /somelocation>
 Header unset Content-Location
 </Location>

 But apache still did not strip Content-Location headers.

 So I would like to see mod_headers and ProxyPass working together

 --
 Jarkko Saloranta
 Kajaanin Puhelinosuuskunta