www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Richard B. Pyne" <rp...@kinfolk.org>
Subject Re: general/4063: POST times out
Date Fri, 19 Mar 1999 05:16:13 GMT
What browser were you using? In further testing using the URL 
http://hamgate.kinfolk.org/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar and then trying 
to change the displayed month my results are that it works fine using 
Lynx from a Linux box, Mosaic from a Win95 box, MSIE4 from a Win98 
box, but fails using Netscape 4.51 on a Windows95 box. Do you have 
any idea what the difference can be? If it weren't for the fact that 
this script had been working under Apache 1.2.6 and quit working when 
I upgraded to Apache 1.3.4 and the fact that it works with non-Apache 
serveres, I would think it was strictly a Netscape problem. I am 
looking for a copy of Netscape 3 to try.

I changed the log format to the combined format and here are my logs 
files of the results.

access_log: - - [17/Mar/1999:20:31:21 -0700] "GET /cgi-
bin/calendar/calendar HTTP/1.0" 200 12326 "-" "Lynx/2.8rel.3 libwww-
FM/2.14" - - [17/Mar/1999:20:31:48 -0700] "POST /cgi-
bin/calendar/calendar HTTP/1.0" 200 12339 
"http://hamgate.kinfolk.org/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar" "Lynx/2.8rel.3 
libwww-FM/2.14" - - [17/Mar/1999:20:34:00 -0700] "GET /cgi-
bin/calendar/calendar HTTP/1.0" 200 12326 "-" "Mozilla/4.51 [en] 
(Win95; U)" - - [17/Mar/1999:20:39:11 -0700] "POST /cgi-
bin/calendar/calendar HTTP/1.0" 408 - "-" "-" - - [17/Mar/1999:23:32:26 -0700] "GET /cgi-
bin/calendar/calendar HTTP/1.0" 200 12326 "-" "NCSA Mosaic/3.0.0 
(Windows x86)" - - [17/Mar/1999:23:33:00 -0700] "POST /cgi-
bin/calendar/calendar HTTP/1.0" 200 12339 "-" "NCSA Mosaic/3.0.0 
(Windows x86)" - - [18/Mar/1999:15:24:23 -0700] "GET /cgi-
bin/calendar/calendar HTTP/1.1" 200 12362 "-" "Mozilla/4.0 
(compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT)" - - [18/Mar/1999:15:25:05 -0700] "POST /cgi-
bin/calendar/calendar HTTP/1.1" 200 12514 
"http://hamgate.kinfolk.org/cgi-bin/calendar/calendar" "Mozilla/4.0 
(compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows NT)" error_log:  

httpd: [Wed Mar 17 19:23:08 1999] [notice] Apache/1.3.4 (Unix) 
configured -- resuming normal operations httpd: [Wed Mar 17 19:23:08 
[info] Server built: Mar 11 1999 10:35:23 httpd: [Wed Mar 17 19:31:17 
[info] [client] read request headers timed out  

The first two entries in the access_log are from the GET and POST 
from lynx under Linux that worked. The second two entries in 
access_log are from Netscape 4.51 under Windows95 to the same URL and 
making the same POST. The third pair of entries in access_log is from 
Mosaic under Win95 and the fourth pair is from MSIE4 on Win98.

The last entry in the error_log is from the Netscape 4.51 attempt.

Any ideas as to what the difference is? I did notice that the browser 
type is missing from the OPST that failed, but I don't know if this 
is a cause or a symptom.

On 17 Mar 99, at 0:01, lars@apache.org wrote:

> [In order for any reply to be added to the PR database, ]
> [you need to include <apbugs@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
> [and leave the subject line UNCHANGED.  This is not done]
> [automatically because of the potential for mail loops. ]
> [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
> [from a developer.                                      ]
> [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
> Synopsis: POST times out
> Comment-Added-By: lars
> Comment-Added-When: Tue Mar 16 16:01:25 PST 1999
> Comment-Added:
> I just did that, but still don't see problem.
> The POST-request did not time out.

Richard B. Pyne, KB7RMU

View raw message