www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Scott Rickard <rick...@us.ibm.com>
Subject os-aix/4068: Failure To Compile 'Main'
Date Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:53:41 GMT

>Number:         4068
>Category:       os-aix
>Synopsis:       Failure To Compile 'Main'
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When compiling the '/src/main' directory, I get an error message complaining of
a library file not found "libc.a[shr.o]".  My path includes the '/usr/lib'
directory, where libc.a is found.  I am compiling for DSO support, but did not
enable the SHARED_CORE rule per earlier pr's. Since I am compiling for DSO
is the program looking for 'shr.o'?  If so, would you know what AIX fileset
that could be found in, because I cannot find that file on any of my systems.
I am using apaci install method and call configure with these options:
configure --prefix=/usr/local/etc/httpd --enable-module=so
(as indicated in JServ install guide, to enable DSO support for JServ module)
Here is the output received:

Target "all" is up to date.
<=== src/ap
===> src/main
        cc -c  -I../os/unix -I../include   -DAIX=42 -U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESS
OR -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp -DUSE_HSREGEX `../apaci` gen_test_char.c
        cc  -DAIX=42 -U__STR__ -DAIX_BIND_PROCESSOR -qnogenpcomp -qnousepcomp -D
USE_HSREGEX `../apaci` -lm  -o gen_test_char gen_test_char.o  -lld
        ./gen_test_char >test_char.h
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ./gen_test_char because of the following er
rors:
        0509-022 Cannot load library libc.a[shr.o].
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exi
st.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

Any assistance you can offer would be greatly appreciated-