www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "webmaster" <msand...@thetangledweb.net>
Subject Re: general/3812: External JavaScript Files after editing the mime.types file and restarting
Date Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3812; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "webmaster" <msanders@thetangledweb.net>
To: <jim@apache.org>
Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: general/3812: External JavaScript Files after editing the mime.types file and
restarting
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:12:15 -0600

 Problem Synopsis:

 External JavaScript files still do not load properly in older browsers. They
 actually display the code as text. This occurs even after the mime.types
 file is properly edited and the web server restarted.

 The server Env Variable reads Apache/1.2.4 FrontPage/3.0.3

 No further information has been discovered. My only hypothesis is that
 Apache w/Front Page Extensions might also have some config files that affect
 the .js suffix.

 Since I don't administer an Apache server myself on a Unix/Linux machine
 yet, I really have no clue what type of files are included with the Front
 Page Extensions. Apache for Windows doesn't have a set of Front Page
 Extensions yet, therefore no support from Microsoft.

 I realize this is not entirely within Apache's realm. I was hoping similar
 experiences/problems may have shed some light on possible explanations.