www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Arjan van Staalduijnen <A.vanStaalduij...@alpha.nl>
Subject mod_info/4035: mod_info won't work if access.conf and srm.conf are not available.
Date Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:15:58 GMT

>Number:         4035
>Category:       mod_info
>Synopsis:       mod_info won't work if access.conf and srm.conf are not available.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I'm using an Apache configuration with only a httpd.conf-file which contains all configuration
information.
I'm using the mod_info-module to see what options are set up, but when I access the mod_info
module it will report an error:
'No such file or directory: mod_info: couldn't open config file /etc/apache/conf/access.conf',
which is true, since I'm not using that file.
In the browser mod_info will report some information, but the information report is incomplete
- it's not showing any settings, such as '<Location>', etc.
There is no ResourceConfig and/or AccessConfig parameter active; this doesn't appear to be
a problem to the functionality of the Apache.
It appears mod_info is not able to handle a high-perf configuration.
>How-To-Repeat:
Create a single file for all configuration parameters, compile mod_info into the binary and
configure the webserver to use mod_info.
Request the URI for the mod_info-module (default /server-info) and check the output, both
on your browser (the output is incomplete) and in the error_log.
>Fix:
mod_info should look at all information available (at this moment it doesn't appear to be
able to completely parse the httpd.conf-file I'm using).