www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Anh Nguyen <atngu...@spawar.navy.mil>
Subject Apache 1.3.4 Configure problem
Date Mon, 08 Mar 1999 18:47:40 GMT
I installed gcc-2.8.1 gcc compiler in /opt/gcc/bin because it was the
default directory for HP UX 10.20.
and I tried to run configure and I got the following message. Please Help

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache
Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.4
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for HP-UX 10 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
as: "/var/tmp/cca29575.s", line 15: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - NSUBSPA
as: "/var/tmp/cca29575.s", line 38: error 1052: Directive name not
recognized - NSUBSPA

Stop.
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.
 Aborting!
#

Anh Nguyen
System Engineering Staff, JSIMS Maritime
SPAWAR System Center San Diego
atnguyen@spawar.navy.mil