www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ken Gaul <ken.g...@edin.uk.sykes.com>
Subject mod_proxy/4004: Access to a particualr site requiring authorisation fails with 401.2 error
Date Fri, 05 Mar 1999 16:31:50 GMT

>Number:         4004
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Access to a particualr site requiring authorisation fails with 401.2 error
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
The following error appears without asking me for a username or password. If I use netscape
and not IE, then it asks for the username and password but does not allow access. I have spoken
with the webadmin at the other site and apparently they have no other partners unable to access
the site, the only difference between us is the proxy server ( apparently! )

HTTP Error 401
401.2 Unauthorized: Logon Failed due to server configuration

This error indicates that the credentials passed to the server do not match the credentials
required to log on to the server. This is usually caused by not sending the proper WWW-Authenticate
header field.

Please contact the Web server's administrator to verify that you have permission to access
to requested resource.
http://corp.skymall.com and see if it asks you for security with IE4.
>Fix:
No, I'm afraid not.