www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Helmut Pizka <hpi...@bmw.co.at>
Subject general/3992: Verification startup fail after successful installation.
Date Thu, 04 Mar 1999 07:29:47 GMT

>Number:         3992
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Verification startup fail after successful installation.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
After successful make and 'make install' run:

/sw/apache134/bin/apachectl start

and you will get:

  Syntax error on line 290 of /sw/apache134/conf/httpd.conf:
  Expected </Directory> but saw </Directory>
  /sw/apache134/bin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

>How-To-Repeat:
See problem description:
>Fix:
I have found that this is caused by the following statement in line
1145 in /src/main/http_core.c.

   if (cmd->cmd->name != cmd->end_token) {

I have replaced this line with the following and it works.
   if ( strcmp(cmd->cmd->name, cmd->end_token) ) {