www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Fei <a...@jhu.edu>
Subject mod_cgi/3985: exec cmd="" does not produce any wanted result
Date Tue, 02 Mar 1999 20:54:25 GMT

>Number:         3985
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       exec cmd="" does not produce any wanted result
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Responsible:    apache
>State:          open
>Class:          support
>Submitter-Id:   apache
>Arrival-Date:   Tue Mar  2 15:10:01 PST 1999
>Originator:     afei@jhu.edu
>Release:        1.3.3
Solaris 2.7 Gcc 2.8.2
SunOS aa.eps.jhu.edu 5.7 Generic sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-5_10
<CENTER><B>You are the visitor number <!--#exec cmd="http://aa.eps.jhu.edu/cgi-b
in/cgiwrap/feiliu/count.cgi" -->of afei's homepage<BR>since Nov. 23, 1996 <!--#e
xec cmd="http://aa.eps.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/feiliu/report.cgi" --></B></CENTE

Now I want the count.cgi produce a counter for the number of visits.
Report.cgi produces a report on the incoming visit.
Both cgi output goes directly into the current webpage.

However, nothing appear on the webpage at that cgi execution place.
Is there any alternative for such approach? In other words, how can a
user execute a short cgi script to produce server filtered output.