www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Paddy Ramanathan" <rpa...@concordesolutions.com>
Subject mod_jserv/4148: Re: log() doesn't work
Date Sat, 27 Mar 1999 01:43:47 GMT

>Number:         4148
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       log() doesn't work
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I changed all "trace." directives to "log." and
specified "log.file=3D/tmp/jserv.log"
in /usr/local/apache/conf/jserv.properties.

General servlet logging works as specified by
the log.channel directives, but the log() method
does not work from within any of my servlet
methods.

Perhaps there is a log.channel.log directive
that needs to be set to "true"?
>How-To-Repeat:
Try using the log("any message") method from within
any servlet method.
>Fix:
Sorry, I don't have any suggestions.
>Audit-Trail:
>Unformatted:
Please see JServLogChannels.java. It has a channel CH_SERVLET_LOG for servl=
et logging.
So the inclusion of the =

log.channel.servletLog=3Dtrue =

in the jserv.properties file should solve the problem.
For Developers, this channel should be enabled in the default jserv.propert=
ies file.

Thanks,
Paddy Ramanathan