www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Mark Renouf <m...@downcity.net>
Subject config/3978: DocumentRoot directive does not interpret ~user directories correctly.
Date Mon, 01 Mar 1999 01:27:56 GMT

>Number:         3978
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       DocumentRoot directive does not interpret ~user directories correctly.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
A DocumentRoot containing a ~user mnemonic doesnt work, I get:

Warning: DocumentRoot [~test/company] does not exist
>How-To-Repeat:
adduser (test)
mkdir /home/test/company
throw a simple index.html into /home/test/company

Apache Configuration:

<VirtualHost www.comapany.com>
ServerName www.company.com
DocumentRoot ~test/company