www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Shane Owenby <sh...@raleigh.ibm.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/3953: Apache not installing as an NT service.
Date Wed, 24 Feb 1999 18:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3953; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Shane Owenby <shane@raleigh.ibm.com>
To: Neil Thomas <Neil.Thomas@state.mn.us>
Cc: "'shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com'" <shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com>,
        "'apbugs@Apache.Org'" <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: os-windows/3953: Apache not installing as an NT service.
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:34:10 -0500

 On Wed, Feb 24, 1999 at 12:05:11PM -0600, Neil Thomas wrote:
 > Thanks for your prompt response.  I tried using the apache -i option to no
 > avail.  The path to the executable is in the appropriate part of
 > HKEY_local_Machine as indicated in the installation guide.  Apache still is
 > reluctant to fire up as a service.  Any other ideas about what is stopping
 > the addition of the service.

 What type of error message are you getting?
 IF you can start it from the command line, did you stop
 that copy b4 you started the one from the services panel?

 ALso try uninstalling it as a service and then install it again and
 try again?  Please reply back with specific error messages if possible.
 Thanks
 Shane