www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Bates <r...@voygr.dyndns.com>
Subject config/3930: When I add new users to the system, and try to view thier index, I get a 403
Date Sat, 20 Feb 1999 14:00:24 GMT

>Number:         3930
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       When I add new users to the system, and try to view thier index, I get
a 403
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
When I add new users to the system, and we place a index.html file in thier
directory (the one in srm.conf for the home directotyr) it will give me
a 403 forbidden error, HOWEVER all the users that were ont he system BEFORE
I upgraded can be viewed, and people in a alternate dir /home/www can be
viewed.. so I dunno why..
>How-To-Repeat:
Jump to :
voygr.dyndns.com/~seth
voygr.dyndns.com/~sloan
BUT Good one:
voygr.dyndns.com/~dave
voygr.dyndns.com/~cupofchili
>Fix:
I see having to add each new users to the access.conf, but I'm sure there is
a better way.