www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Bill Jones" <b...@fccj.org>
Subject Re: mod_rewrite/3458: [L] option to stop rewriting doesn't work...
Date Thu, 11 Feb 1999 22:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_rewrite/3458; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Bill Jones" <bill@fccj.org>
To: lars@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_rewrite/3458: [L] option to stop rewriting doesn't work...
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:15:29 -0500

 Hi :]  Thx for getting back to me.

 The L option in rewrites doesn't appear to stop
 the rewrite engine.  But then again, maybe I don't know
 what I am doing...

 Any ways, rewrites which should forward 'Not Founds' to
 another server do not appear to work, IE:

 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-U
 RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} -U
 RewriteRule   ^(.+)  -  [L]
 RewriteRule ^(.+) http://www.fccj.org$1 [L]

 (The above is used under a virtual host...)

 But, as I said, and after spending a lot of 'days' on this
 I am not sure I care anymore.  Would just like better support or
 clearer documentation on Rewriting, etc.

 As afr as writing the 'clearer' docs myself, I would if
 Icould get a straight answer as to why things work this
 way or that, but either people are busy or honestly
 don't know.  So...  At any rate, I am living without
 Rewriting working - at least working the way I thought!  ;)

 Thx  :]
 Bill Jones  | FCCJ Webmaster |  http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?webmaster
  http://certserver.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x37EFC00F
  http://rs.internic.net/cgi-bin/whois?BJ1936

     "Be not the first by whom the new are tried,
      nor yet the last to lay the old aside..."