www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From L Dorsey <...@atg.com>
Subject os-aix/3862: DSO-capable Compile error on AIX -- complains of missing file (src/libhttpd.exp)
Date Tue, 09 Feb 1999 05:43:02 GMT

>Number:         3862
>Category:       os-aix
>Synopsis:       DSO-capable Compile error on AIX -- complains of missing file (src/libhttpd.exp)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
cf pr 3748

ld -H512 -T512 -bhalt:4 -bM:SRE -bnoentry -bI:./support/httpd.exp  -bE:`echo libhttpd.so|sed
-e 's:\.so$:.exp:'` -lc -o libhttpd.so buildmark.o modules.o modules/standard/libstandard.a
main/libmain.a ./os/unix/libos.a ap/libap.a regex/libregex.a
ld: 0706-004 Cannot find or read export file: libhttpd.exp
        ld:accessx(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
make[2]: *** [libhttpd.so] Error 255

So far as I can make out, the linker is expecting both the list of
symbols to be imported (-bI:) and the list of symbols to be exported
(-bE:) to already exist.  Unfortunately, the latter--which should
hold, I believe, all the symbols in all the .o files listed (?)--does
not exist.  If I create it by hand (a simple column of ar -w output, minus
the .o containers),  I see spew of warnings about duplicate symbols, then
compile trips at next target (libhttpd.ep).

Works fine without DSO support.  Works fine with DSO support on solaris 26 (fwiw)

>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
I've tried.  Failed.  Hoping your aix maven can shed a little light on this.