www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dan Stephans <ad...@mcs.com>
Subject mod_proxy/3859: cache problems
Date Mon, 08 Feb 1999 19:12:05 GMT

>Number:         3859
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       cache problems
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Problem 1)
  This problem has been reported in PR687 and PR771 (minimally) and has still
not been resolved.  The problem is that tmpXXX files are left in the top level
cache directory.  As these files accumulate, performance starts to suffer.
Errors such as:

httpd: [Mon Feb  8 18:51:18 1999] [error] (16)Device busy: proxy: error deleting
 temp file /cache/tmpa003oa

Are reported in error_log

Problem 2)

  Cache cleanup does not seem to work on "large" drives.  I do not know what
constitutes large but we have one installation of 1G for cache where the
cleanup works but our 4G cache partition overflows, no matter how small
the CacheSize is set to (this is another previously reported bug, forget the
PR but it is closed and obviously not resolved).  The cache grows without
bound until the volume fills up.

Problem 3)

 This could be related to the two above problems.  Lots of errors of the
following sort in error_log (IE megabytes worth)

httpd: [Mon Feb  8 18:43:00 1999] [error] (17)File exists: proxy: error linking
cache file /cache/tmpa003op to /cache/2/J/_/cHayrHDwvm8tcfVg7YA
httpd: [Mon Feb  8 18:43:03 1999] [error] (17)File exists: proxy: error linking
cache file /cache/tmpa003pl to /cache/Q/V/r/vfeiR710h@UZIzf5BRA
>How-To-Repeat:
Duplicate my config and try.  I'm doing nothing unusual.  Available for
further help if needed.