www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Nicholas Yue <...@cwr.uwa.edu.au>
Subject os-windows/3850: Apache 1.3.4 WindowsNT binary installation failed to create httpd.conf
Date Sat, 06 Feb 1999 10:34:05 GMT

>Number:         3850
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache 1.3.4 WindowsNT binary installation failed to create httpd.conf
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Installed the latest 1.3.4 binary distribution for WindowsNT but it failed
to create the httpd.conf file in the conf directory.

Because the directory is empty, apache could not be started.

As I do not have another machine that have apache running, I am unable to duplicate the required
contents in there.

Someone else (#PR 3800) reported a similar problem for Windows98.

If you have a solution, please indicate if it would be better to UNINSTALLED the current version
before reinstalling or applying some patch.

My machine is not permanently connected to the Internet, not sure if that contribute to the
problem.

I do have Cygnus B20 installed (I like my unix stuff), not sure if the "uname" in Cygnus may
cause problem.
>How-To-Repeat:
None
>Fix: