www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Jakob Pousard <jakob.pous...@seswg.mail.abb.com>
Subject os-windows/3842: error: not a valid Windows NT application.
Date Fri, 05 Feb 1999 09:16:52 GMT

>Number:         3842
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       error: not a valid Windows NT application.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I have installed Apache as an service.
But when I try to start it with either "NET START APACHE"
or from the service manager it gives the following error,
In consol window
  C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache>net start apache
  System error 193 has occurred.
  *** is not a valid Windows NT application.
  C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache>
Event log(NT)says
The Apache service failed to start due to the following error:
%1 is not a valid Windows NT application.

I can run and signal it as normal when I run as an application
from a consol window. Like this:
C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache>apache
Apache/1.3.4 (Win32) running...

In the registry I have:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Apache\ImagePath=
"C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache\Apache.exe"

If I make a search for the imagepath it finds the Apache.exe

Have tried to install (default location) and uninstall it servral times, no change.