www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Brian Smith <opensource...@hotmail.com>
Subject mod_access/3821: check_dir_access(), reads a->order[31] (M_INVALID) where order is defined as 15 ints.
Date Wed, 03 Feb 1999 17:22:54 GMT

>Number:         3821
>Category:       mod_access
>Synopsis:       check_dir_access(), reads a->order[31]  (M_INVALID)  where order is
defined as 15 ints.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
This hasn't caused me any problems, but I just noticed something I think looks
fishy.

order array is defined to be METHODS long (15), yet when we come into
check_dir_access for an M_INVALID (31) request, we're reading memory we're
not supposed to.

This problem might give access voilation errors if not for our memory pools,
and such.
I doubt it's a security problem, but access permissions seem to be "random"
for M_INVALID.
>How-To-Repeat:
it's in the code.
>Fix:
check for M_INVALID in check_dir_access.