www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Dan Christopherson <da...@str.com>
Subject mod_jserv/3818: Apache JServ configure fails with apache 3.4 instalation on non-default prefix
Date Wed, 03 Feb 1999 07:08:34 GMT

>Number:         3818
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       Apache JServ configure fails with apache 3.4 instalation on non-default
prefix
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
executable in a directory that apache 1.3.4 (at least) doesn't create
(at least not if --prefix is specified).

I installed apache 1.3.4 using the configure script with the options
--with-layout=Apache" \
"--prefix=/opt/apache" \
"--datadir=/export/apache/home" \
"--enable-rule=SHARED_CORE" \
"--enable-module=so

I then issued make;make install;/opt/apache/bin/apachectl start
and tested the installation: joy.

I then immeadiately attempted to configure Apache-JServ with the option
--with-apache-install=/opt/apache
configure murmered along, then failed with the message
"configure: error:  does not have DSO support"

Investigation revealed that configure was looking for the apxs binary in
${with-apache-install}/sbin, whereas the apache 3.4 installation had placed
said binary in ${with-apache-install}/bin (I had no /opt/apache/sbin directory).

To workaround, I made sbin as a softlink to bin.
>How-To-Repeat:
any attemp to configure Apache JServ against apache 3.4 where apache is not
installed in /usr/local/apache should fail, unless I did something horribly stupid.