www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Saegesser <saeges...@platinum.com>
Subject mod_cgi/3817: Output of CGI programs is being buffered.
Date Tue, 02 Feb 1999 17:01:21 GMT

>Number:         3817
>Category:       mod_cgi
>Synopsis:       Output of CGI programs is being buffered.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have a CGI program written in C which outputs a continuous stream of data
at fixed intervals.  After each printf() I call fflush(stdout).
When the program is run from the shell prompt the output appears correctly
(i.e. not buffered).
When the program is run via CGI on WinNT the output is buffered (buffer size
appears to vary from approx. 512 to 2048 bytes).  When the CGI program is compiled and run
on Solaris 2.6 the output is not buffered.
The client application in both cases is a Java application using an HttpURLConnection.