www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Roger D Pack <roger.p...@juno.com>
Subject Re: os-windows/3744: directory names that end in backslash do not work
Date Mon, 01 Feb 1999 16:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3744; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Roger D Pack <roger.pack@juno.com>
To: pcs@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-windows/3744: directory names that end in backslash do
	not work
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 08:39:25 -0700

 >First, when giving directories in the configuration
 >file you should not end the directory with a slash
 >(in either direction). Apache adds the slash itself
 >when creating filenames from the configured directory names.

 I recommend that httpd.conf be modified to read

 # NOTE: Where filenames are specified, you must use forward slashes
 # instead of backslashes (e.g., "c:/apache" instead of "c:\apache").
 # especially at the end of the directory.

 That will clear up some confusion with windows users.
 thanks for answering.

 ~Roger

 or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]