www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Volanthen <j...@jft.co.uk>
Subject Re: mod_cgi/3689: Multipart mime messages cannot be read properly on NT / Win32
Date Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:41:25 GMT

marc@apache.org wrote:

> [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
> [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
> [from a developer.                                      ]
> [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
>
> Synopsis: Multipart mime messages cannot be read properly on NT / Win32
>
> Comment-Added-By: marc
> Comment-Added-When: Sat Jan 16 10:14:10 PST 1999
> Comment-Added:
> What if you use fread() instead of messing with fileno()
> and accessing the raw descriptor?  Technically, it is NOT valid
> to use fileno() to read from a device that can't seek.

Marc,

I started off  using fread, this seems to do exactly the same.
Even if I put the read / fread in a loop as below I still only get part of
the post.

TotalRead =0;
do{
    Read = fread(ptmp,1,ContentLength,stdin);
    TotalRead +=Read;
}while(!feof(stdin));

I have now tried using Borland C++ Builder and get exactly  the same
results, so I don't think it's the VC+ libraries

Has anyone ever had the multipart mime stuff working on Win32? is there any
sample code ?? - please.

I have not recently looked through the win32 code for mod_cgi but am about
to, does the handing of multipart mime differ from that of a straight
post?. Is there a limitation on the file sizes which can be "posted" to a
WIN32 console application??

--
John Volanthen
JF Technologies Ltd