www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Matthew Keller <kelle...@potsdam.edu>
Subject general/3803: Downloading Excel Files via Apache leads to corruption
Date Sun, 31 Jan 1999 17:35:09 GMT

>Number:         3803
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Downloading Excel Files via Apache leads to corruption
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have reproduced this problem in 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 on Windows NT Server 4.0 SP3, SP4 and Windows
98.
Excel files that are downloaded via Apache, come down corrupted, and Excel chokes on opening
them. MS Word, Access, Corel Wordperfect, Quattro Pro, and many other formats work fine.
This is a follow up and confirmation to PR#3368. I'll be trying this in Linux within the next
couple days.
>How-To-Repeat:
Throw an Excel file into webspace, and try to download it.