www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "Scott Pollard" <scott.poll...@ventel.net>
Subject Re: os-windows/3800: Apache won't start -- Win98 install appears incomplete -- dirs conf modules and cgi-bin are empty
Date Sun, 31 Jan 1999 13:10:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3800; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Scott Pollard" <scott.pollard@ventel.net>
To: <apache-bugdb@apache.org>, <pcs@apache.org>
Cc: <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: os-windows/3800: Apache won't start -- Win98 install appears incomplete -- dirs
conf modules and cgi-bin are empty
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 11:46:55 -0000

 OK it's fine now.  I did a 'remove programs' on the original install and
 re-installed the download.  Worked a treat !  Reg entry, conf files etc all
 present.

 Looks like maybe a tangle over the pending restart required by Acrobat may
 have precluded proper updating of the registry or whatever.  May well be a
 Win98 glitch.

 Memo to myself --  one thing at a time, huh?

 Memo to others -- "it is recommended that you do not attempt to install
 Apache whilst a system restart is pending -- for example from the
 installation of other software components"

 Sorry to have troubled you.

 Thanks, SP