www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Scott Pollard <scott.poll...@ventel.net>
Subject os-windows/3800: Apache won't start -- Win98 install appears incomplete -- dirs conf modules and cgi-bin are empty
Date Sat, 30 Jan 1999 12:41:17 GMT

>Number:         3800
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache won't start -- Win98 install appears incomplete -- dirs conf modules
and cgi-bin are empty
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical

I installed Apache version 1.3.4 on a clean Win 98 system -- i.e. no other version of Apache
or any other web server was previously installed.

I took all the install defaults [program directory; 'typical' install; and icon location etc]

I restarted my system of course.

When attempting to start from the start -> Programs -> Apache icon link, a DOS window
flashes up and then exits.  A message may come and go, but... ?

When starting from an open DOS window with the command "apache -s" I get "bad command or filename"

*my* humble guess is that the install is not completing properly, and that maybe previous
tests have been *over* a prior copy so things like conf files and registry entries have been
previously properly set up, and they're not being done from scratch as it were?

This may also have led to the rather "untidy" problem 3258 reported earlier?
>How-To-Repeat:

take one Win 98 clean system; add one 1.3.4 win32.exe; run default install
>Fix:

Not me guv, sorry.