www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ariel Bardin <ar...@cadviewer.com>
Subject Re: general/3794: Java client gets server status 206 or server status 200 as exception when reading data from server
Date Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR general/3794; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Ariel Bardin <ariel@cadviewer.com>
To: marc@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: general/3794: Java client gets server status 206 or server status 200 as exception
when reading data from server
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:39:56 -0800

 Hi Marc,

 I read that you don't support older versions. There are no notes about a fix in the 1.3 version
for this
 problem.
 We did not want to spend the time upgrading since 1.3 is different than 1.2 in many respects,
unless there was a
 fix.
 There is talk in the FAQ about a Java bug that can be fixed with the "force-response-1.0",
this does not seem to
 solve the problem in this case.
 I do think a work around can be to set the server to a HTTP/1.0 server since 1.0 did not
include the Range
 header (correct?) or response 206.

 Is this possible?

 Thanks