www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/3795: Problems with cookie expiration date formats
Date Fri, 29 Jan 1999 21:10:02 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/3795; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Marc Slemko <marcs@znep.com>
To: Cris Perdue <cris@perdues.com>
Cc: Apache bugs database <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/3795: Problems with cookie expiration date formats
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:04:17 -0800 (PST)

 On 29 Jan 1999, Cris Perdue wrote:

 > The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/3795; it has been noted by GNATS.
 >
 > From: Cris Perdue <cris@perdues.com>
 > To: jon * <jon@clearink.com>
 > Cc: apbugs@apache.org
 > Subject: Re: mod_jserv/3795: Problems with cookie expiration date formats
 > Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:15:34 -0800
 >
 >  Hi Jon,
 >
 >  It's very nice to hear back so quickly!
 >
 >  About the expiration dates.  The code now casts to long at the needed
 >  spot, so dates should no longer wrap around, but the date formatting is
 >  the same as before.
 >
 >  The "kk" format for hours goes from 1 to 24 instead of 0-23, and the
 >  "yy" year format only prints a 2-digit year, which is not so cool.  My

 Note that there is no y2k problem with only using a 2 digit year, since
 there are well defined semantics for it.  People have been using cookies
 with two-digit expiriation dates after y2k for quite a while now.

 You also have to be careful generating cookies to be sure that you don't
 generate ones that conform to specs but aren't accepted by
 implementations.