www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Gregorio Umbelino <g...@cibercultura.pt>
Subject config/3796: httpd fails to start
Date Fri, 29 Jan 1999 20:22:44 GMT

>Number:         3796
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       httpd fails to start
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
I've tried countless times to install the mod_jserv in my apache server
with no success.
I followed all the instructions and when I put ApjServerManual off,
httpd fails to start.
Just when I disable the mod_jserv is when I can start the server.
I've also checked the syntax of the httpd.conf file.

Here's the steps that I followed:
  - Uncompress the Apache-JServ tar file to /usr/local/apache-jserv
  - ./configure --with-apache-src=/usr/local/apache
                --prefix=/usr/local/apache-jserv
 		--with-jsdk=/usr/JSDK2.0/lib/jsdk.jar
  - make in the jserv directory
      (during these first steps I receive no errors or warnings)
In the directory of apache server:
  - ./config.status --activate-module=src/modules/jserv/mod_jserv
  - make

Finally, when I try to run httpd is fails miserably.
When I do src/httpd -f /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf it doesn't give any
message...
>How-To-Repeat:
I'm using the example that comes with Apache-JServ and my URL is
www.cibercultura.pt. This domain is registered...

Note: I have made inumerous changes to jserv.conf that comes with the example,
      none of them worked. In other times I left it unchanged but it didn't
      produced any results... :o(

>Fix:
I'm affraid not. I run out of ideas...