www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Matthew McNabb <old.w...@nsionline.com>
Subject os-windows/3767: Apache.exe doesn't execute properly
Date Tue, 26 Jan 1999 09:02:17 GMT

>Number:         3767
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Apache.exe doesn't execute properly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I downloaded it, ran it, the installshield thingy all worked fine.
The executables don't show icons (eg. when viewed in Explorer), is this normal?

When trying to execute:
E:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache>apache
fopen: No such file or directory
httpd: could not open document config file E:\PROGRA~1\APACHE~1\Apache/conf/httpd.conf

(first time i've been able to install something on linux easily but not on windows.. )
Great website, btw. thanks for your time
>How-To-Repeat:
Find an nt4sp4 box, go to www.download.com, search for "apache", download from www.apache.org,
run the .exe you get, reboot when it says (incidentally when i clicked for reboot, it only
logged off and i had to reboot manually) and then run apache.exe
>Fix:
Probably something simple but I don't see appropriate docs