www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Paul Stege <epst...@ionet.net>
Subject mod_jserv/3731: JServ Does not work properly on HP-UX 10.20 w/ Apache 1.3.3
Date Thu, 21 Jan 1999 04:07:38 GMT

>Number:         3731
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       JServ Does not work properly on HP-UX 10.20 w/ Apache 1.3.3
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
I have installed the Apache_Jserv_1.0b2 on an HP-UX system running Apache 1.3.3.

I compiled and configured Apache to be statically bound.  Thecompilation and configuration

setup outlined in the documents worked fine.

However, when I attemted to run the example/Hello the server failed.  I investigated
and found that the system could not find org.apache.jserv.JServ.class in the jar file.

I have jdk1.1.5 and jsdk2.0 installed and configured.

##
## httpd.conf -- Apache HTTP server configuration file
##

# This is the main server configuration file. See URL http://www.apache.org/
# for instructions.

# Do NOT simply read the instructions in here without understanding
# what they do, if you are unsure consult the online docs. You have been
# warned.

# Originally by Rob McCool

# Dynamic Shared Object (DSO) Support
#
# To be able to use the functionality of a module which was built as a DSO you
# have to place corresponding `LoadModule' lines at this location so the
# directives contained in it are actually available _before_ they are used.
# Please read the file README.DSO in the Apache 1.3 distribution for more
# details about the DSO mechanism and run `httpd -l' for the list of already
# built-in (statically linked and thus always available) modules in your httpd
# binary.
#
# Example:
# LoadModule foo_module libexec/mod_foo.so

# ServerType is either inetd, or standalone.

ServerType standalone

# If you are running from inetd, go to "ServerAdmin".

# Port: The port the standalone listens to. For ports < 1023, you will
# need httpd to be run as root initially.

Port 80

# HostnameLookups: Log the names of clients or just their IP numbers
#   e.g.   www.apache.org (on) or 204.62.129.132 (off)
# The default is off because it'd be overall better for the net if people
# had to knowingly turn this feature on.

HostnameLookups off

# If you wish httpd to run as a different user or group, you must run
# httpd as root initially and it will switch.

# User/Group: The name (or #number) of the user/group to run httpd as.
#  On SCO (ODT 3) use User nouser and Group nogroup
#  On HPUX you may not be able to use shared memory as nobody, and the
#  suggested workaround is to create a user www and use that user.
#  NOTE that some kernels refuse to setgid(Group) or semctl(IPC_SET)
#  when the value of (unsigned)Group is above 60000;
#  don't use Group nogroup on these systems!

User www
Group www

# ServerAdmin: Your address, where problems with the server should be
# e-mailed.

ServerAdmin epstege@cherrystreet.com

# ServerRoot: The directory the server's config, error, and log files
# are kept in.
# NOTE!  If you intend to place this on a NFS (or otherwise network)
# mounted filesystem then please read the LockFile documentation,
# you will save yourself a lot of trouble.

ServerRoot "/opt/apache"

# BindAddress: You can support virtual hosts with this option. This option
# is used to tell the server which IP address to listen to. It can either
# contain "*", an IP address, or a fully qualified Internet domain name.
# See also the VirtualHost directive.

#BindAddress *

# ErrorLog: The location of the error log file. If this does not start
# with /, ServerRoot is prepended to it.

ErrorLog /opt/apache/logs/error_log

# LogLevel: Control the number of messages logged to the error_log.
# alert, emerg.

LogLevel warn

# The following directives define some format nicknames for use with
# a CustomLog directive (see below).

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"" combined
LogFormat "%{Referer}i -> %U" referer
LogFormat "%{User-agent}i" agent

# The location of the access logfile (Common Logfile Format).
# If this does not start with /, ServerRoot is prepended to it.

CustomLog /opt/apache/logs/access_log common

# If you would like to have an agent and referer logfile uncomment the
# following directives.

#CustomLog /opt/apache/logs/referer_log referer
#CustomLog /opt/apache/logs/agent_log agent

# If you prefer a single logfile with access, agent and referer information
# (Combined Logfile Format) you can use the following directive.

#CustomLog /opt/apache/logs/access_log combined

# PidFile: The file the server should log its pid to
PidFile /opt/apache/logs/httpd.pid

# ScoreBoardFile: File used to store internal server process information.
# Not all architectures require this.  But if yours does (you'll know because
# this file is created when you run Apache) then you *must* ensure that
# no two invocations of Apache share the same scoreboard file.
ScoreBoardFile /opt/apache/logs/httpd.scoreboard

# The LockFile directive sets the path to the lockfile used when Apache
# is compiled with either USE_FCNTL_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT or
# USE_FLOCK_SERIALIZED_ACCEPT. This directive should normally be left at
# its default value. The main reason for changing it is if the logs
# directory is NFS mounted, since the lockfile MUST BE STORED ON A LOCAL
# DISK. The PID of the main server process is automatically appended to
# the filename.
#
#LockFile /opt/apache/logs/httpd.lock

# ExtendedStatus controls whether Apache will generate "full" status
# information (ExtendedStatus On) or just basic information (ExtendedStatus
# Off) when the server-status Handler is called. The default is Off.
#
#ExtendedStatus On

# ServerName allows you to set a host name which is sent back to clients for
# your server if it's different than the one the program would get (i.e. use
# "www" instead of the host's real name).
#
# Note: You cannot just invent host names and hope they work. The name you
# define here must be a valid DNS name for your host. If you don't understand
# this, ask your network administrator.
# If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here.
# You will have to access it by its address (e.g., http://123.45.67.89)
# anyway, and this will make redirections work in a sensible way.

ServerName csb1.cherrystreet.com

# Optionally add a line containing the server version and virtual host
# name to server-generated pages (error documents, ftp directory listings,
# mod_status and mod_info output etc., but not SSI generated documents).
# Set to "EMail" to also include a mailto: link to the ServerAdmin.
# Set to one of:  On | Off | EMail
ServerSignature on

# UseCanonicalName:  (new for 1.3)  With this setting turned on, whenever
# Apache needs to construct a self-referencing URL (a url that refers back
# to the server the response is coming from) it will use ServerName and
# Port to form a "canonical" name.  With this setting off, Apache will
# use the hostname:port that the client supplied, when possible.  This
# also affects SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT in CGIs.
UseCanonicalName on

# CacheNegotiatedDocs: By default, Apache sends Pragma: no-cache with each
# document that was negotiated on the basis of content. This asks proxy
# servers not to cache the document. Uncommenting the following line disables
# this behavior, and proxies will be allowed to cache the documents.

#CacheNegotiatedDocs

# Timeout: The number of seconds before receives and sends time out

Timeout 300

# KeepAlive: Whether or not to allow persistent connections (more than
# one request per connection). Set to "Off" to deactivate.

KeepAlive On

# MaxKeepAliveRequests: The maximum number of requests to allow
# during a persistent connection. Set to 0 to allow an unlimited amount.
# We reccomend you leave this number high, for maximum performance.

MaxKeepAliveRequests 100

# KeepAliveTimeout: Number of seconds to wait for the next request

KeepAliveTimeout 15

# Server-pool size regulation.  Rather than making you guess how many
# server processes you need, Apache dynamically adapts to the load it
# sees --- that is, it tries to maintain enough server processes to
# handle the current load, plus a few spare servers to handle transient
# load spikes (e.g., multiple simultaneous requests from a single
# Netscape browser).

# It does this by periodically checking how many servers are waiting
# for a request.  If there are fewer than MinSpareServers, it creates
# a new spare.  If there are more than MaxSpareServers, some of the
# spares die off.  These values are probably OK for most sites ---

MinSpareServers 2
MaxSpareServers 5

# Number of servers to start --- should be a reasonable ballpark figure.

StartServers 3

# Limit on total number of servers running, i.e., limit on the number
# of clients who can simultaneously connect --- if this limit is ever
# reached, clients will be LOCKED OUT, so it should NOT BE SET TOO LOW.
# It is intended mainly as a brake to keep a runaway server from taking
# Unix with it as it spirals down...

MaxClients 20

# MaxRequestsPerChild: the number of requests each child process is
#  allowed to process before the child dies.
#  The child will exit so as to avoid problems after prolonged use when
#  Apache (and maybe the libraries it uses) leak.  On most systems, this
#  isn't really needed, but a few (such as Solaris) do have notable leaks
#  in the libraries.

MaxRequestsPerChild 30

# Proxy Server directives. Uncomment the following line to
# enable the proxy server:

#ProxyRequests On

# Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
# ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing Via: headers)
# Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block
#ProxyVia on

# To enable the cache as well, edit and uncomment the following lines:
# (no cacheing without CacheRoot)

#CacheRoot /opt/apache/proxy

#CacheSize 5
#CacheGcInterval 4
#CacheMaxExpire 24
#CacheLastModifiedFactor 0.1
#CacheDefaultExpire 1
#NoCache a_domain.com another_domain.edu joes.garage_sale.com

# Listen: Allows you to bind Apache to specific IP addresses and/or
# ports, in addition to the default. See also the VirtualHost command

#Listen 3000
#Listen 12.34.56.78:80

# VirtualHost: Allows the daemon to respond to requests for more than one
# server address, if your server machine is configured to accept IP packets
# for multiple addresses. This can be accomplished with the ifconfig
# alias flag, or through kernel patches like VIF.

# Any httpd.conf or srm.conf directive may go into a VirtualHost command.
# See also the BindAddress entry.

#<VirtualHost host.some_domain.com>
#ServerAdmin webmaster@host.some_domain.com
#DocumentRoot /www/docs/host.some_domain.com
#ServerName host.some_domain.com
#ErrorLog logs/host.some_domain.com-error_log
#TransferLog logs/host.some_domain.com-access_log
#</VirtualHost>

#                     Apache JServ Configuration File                         #

# Note: this file should be appended to httpd.conf
# Tell Apache on win32 to load the Apache JServ communication module
#LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so

# Whether Apache must start JVM or not (On=Manual Off=Autostart)
# Syntax: ApJServManual [on/off]
# Default: "Off"
ApJServManual off

# Properties filename for Apache JServ in Automatic Mode.
# In manual mode this directive is ignored
# Syntax: ApJServProperties [filename]
# Default: "./conf/jserv.properties"
ApJServProperties /devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/example/jserv.properties

# Log file for this module operation relative to Apache root directory.
# Syntax: ApJServLogFile [filename]
# Default: "./logs/mod_jserv.log"
# Note: when set to "DISABLED", the log will be redirected to Apache error log
ApJServLogFile /devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/example/jserv.log

# Protocol used by this host to connect to Apache JServ
# (see documentation for more details on available protocols)
# Syntax: ApJServDefaultProtocol [name]
# Default: "ajpv11"
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv11

# Default host on which Apache JServ is running
# Syntax: ApJServDefaultHost [hostname]
# Default: "localhost"
ApJServDefaultHost  localhost

# Default port that Apache JServ is listening to
# Syntax: ApJServDefaultPort [number]
# Default: protocol-dependant (for ajpv11 protocol this is "8007")
ApJServDefaultPort 8080

# Passes parameter and value to specified protocol.
# Syntax: ApJServProtocolParameter [name] [parameter] [value]
# Default: NONE
# Note: Currently no protocols handle this. Introduced for future protocols.

# Apache JServ secret key file relative to Apache root directory.
# Syntax: ApJServSecretKey [filename]
# Default: "./conf/jserv.secret.key"
# Warning: if authentication is DISABLED, everyone on this machine (not just
# this module) may connect to your servlet engine and execute servlet
# bypassing web server restrictions. See the documentation for more information
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED

# Mount point for Servlet zones
# (see documentation for more information on servlet zones)
# Syntax: ApJServMount [name] [jserv-url]
# Default: NONE
# Note: [name] is the name of the Apache URI path to mount jserv-url on
#       [jserv-url] is something like "protocol://host:port/zone"
#  If protocol, host or port are not specified, the values from
#  "ApJServDefaultProtocol", "ApJServDefaultHost" or "ApJServDefaultPort"
#  will be used.
#  If zone is not specified, the zone name will be the first subdirectory of
#  the called servlet.
# Example: "ApJServMount /servlets /myServlets"
#  if user requests "http://host/servlets/TestServlet"
#  the servlet "TestServlet" in zone "myServlets" on default host
#  thru default protocol on defaul port will be requested
# Example: "ApJServMount /servlets ajpv11://localhost:8007"
#  if user requests "http://host/servlets/myServlets/TestServlet"
#  the servlet "TestServlet" in zone "myServlets" will be requested
# Example: "ApJServMount /servlets ajpv11://jserv.mydomain.com:15643/myServlets"
#  if user requests "http://host/servlets/TestServlet" the servlet
#  "TestServlet" in zone "myServlets" on host "jserv.mydomain.com" using
#  "ajpv11" protocol on port "15643" will be executed
ApJServMount /example /example

# Whether <VirtualHost> inherits base host mount points or not
# Syntax: ApJServMountCopy [on/off]
# Default: "On"
# Note: This directive is meaninful only when virtual hosts are being used
ApJServMountCopy on

# Executes a servlet passing filename with proper extension in PATH_TRANSLATED
# property of servlet request.
# Syntax: ApJServAction [extension] [servlet-uri]
# Defaults: NONE
# Notes: This is used for external tools such as JSP (Java Servlet Pages),
#  GSP (GNU Server Pages) or Java server side include.
#ApJServAction .jsp /servlets/nl.nmg.jsp.JSPServlet
#ApJServAction .gsp /servlets/com.bitmechanics.gsp.GspServlet
#ApJServAction .jhtml /servlets/org.apache.ssi.SSIServlet

# Enable the Apache JServ status handler with the URL of
# "http://servername/jserv/" (note the trailing slash!)
# Change the ".your_domain.com" to match your domain to enable.
<Location /jserv/>
  SetHandler jserv-status

  order deny,allow
  deny from all
  allow from localhost 127.0.0.1
</Location>

############################## W A R N I N G ##################################
# Remember to disable or otherwise protect the execution of the Apache JServ  #
# on a production environment since this may give untrusted users to gather   #
# restricted information on your servlets and their initialization arguments  #

[Wed Jan 20 03:26:04 1999] [notice] Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) ApacheJServ/1.0b1 configured -- resuming
normal operations
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
[Wed Jan 20 03:33:25 1999] [notice] httpd: caught SIGTERM, shutting down
[Wed Jan 20 21:51:59 1999] [notice] Apache/1.3.3 (Unix) ApacheJServ/1.0b1 configured -- resuming
normal operations
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ
Can't find class org.apache.jserv.JServ

# This file is a shell script that caches the results of configure
# tests run on this system so they can be shared between configure
# scripts and configure runs.  It is not useful on other systems.
# If it contains results you don't want to keep, you may remove or edit it.
#
# By default, configure uses ./config.cache as the cache file,
# creating it if it does not exist already.  You can give configure
# the --cache-file=FILE option to use a different cache file; that is
# what configure does when it calls configure scripts in
# subdirectories, so they share the cache.
# Giving --cache-file=/dev/null disables caching, for debugging configure.
# config.status only pays attention to the cache file if you give it the
# --recheck option to rerun configure.
#
ac_cv_c_const=${ac_cv_c_const=yes}
ac_cv_func_gettimeofday=${ac_cv_func_gettimeofday=yes}
ac_cv_header_http_config_h=${ac_cv_header_http_config_h=yes}
ac_cv_header_http_core_h=${ac_cv_header_http_core_h=yes}
ac_cv_header_http_log_h=${ac_cv_header_http_log_h=yes}
ac_cv_header_http_main_h=${ac_cv_header_http_main_h=yes}
ac_cv_header_http_protocol_h=${ac_cv_header_http_protocol_h=yes}
ac_cv_header_httpd_h=${ac_cv_header_httpd_h=yes}
ac_cv_header_stdc=${ac_cv_header_stdc=yes}
ac_cv_header_time=${ac_cv_header_time=yes}
ac_cv_header_util_md5_h=${ac_cv_header_util_md5_h=yes}
ac_cv_header_util_script_h=${ac_cv_header_util_script_h=yes}
ac_cv_path_LD=${ac_cv_path_LD=/opt/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/2.8.1/ld}
ac_cv_path_NM=${ac_cv_path_NM='/usr/ccs/bin/nm -p'}
ac_cv_prog_CC=${ac_cv_prog_CC=gcc}
ac_cv_prog_CPP=${ac_cv_prog_CPP='gcc -E'}
ac_cv_prog_LN_S=${ac_cv_prog_LN_S='ln -s'}
ac_cv_prog_RANLIB=${ac_cv_prog_RANLIB=ranlib}
ac_cv_prog_cc_cross=${ac_cv_prog_cc_cross=no}
ac_cv_prog_cc_g=${ac_cv_prog_cc_g=yes}
ac_cv_prog_cc_works=${ac_cv_prog_cc_works=yes}
ac_cv_prog_gcc=${ac_cv_prog_gcc=yes}
ac_cv_prog_gnu_ld=${ac_cv_prog_gnu_ld=no}
ac_cv_prog_make_make_set=${ac_cv_prog_make_make_set=yes}
ac_cv_struct_tm=${ac_cv_struct_tm=time.h}
ac_cv_type_mode_t=${ac_cv_type_mode_t=yes}

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:604: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:657: checking whether build environment is sane
configure:714: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:760: checking for working aclocal
configure:773: checking for working autoconf
configure:786: checking for working automake
configure:799: checking for working autoheader
configure:812: checking for working makeinfo
configure:880: checking host system type
configure:903: checking for ranlib
configure:932: checking for gcc
configure:1009: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works
configure:1023: gcc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
configure:1043: checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler
configure:1048: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:1072: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:1112: checking for ld used by GCC
configure:1169: checking if the linker (/opt/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/2.8.1/ld)
is GNU ld
configure:1185: checking for BSD-compatible nm
configure:1222: checking whether ln -s works
configure:1292: checking whether make sets ${MAKE}
configure:1331: checking for a BSD compatible install
configure:1381: checking whether ln -s works
configure:1404: checking for gcc
configure:1481: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) works
configure:1495: gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c  1>&5
configure:1515: checking whether the C compiler (gcc -g -O2 ) is a cross-compiler
configure:1520: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:1544: checking whether gcc accepts -g
configure:1574: checking for working const
configure:1649: checking how to run the C preprocessor
configure:1710: checking for ANSI C header files
configure:1814: checking for mode_t
configure:1847: checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included
configure:1882: checking whether struct tm is in sys/time.h or time.h
configure:1918: checking for ANSI C header files
configure:2024: checking for gettimeofday
configure:2222: checking for java in /opt/java/bin
configure:2349: checking for javac in /opt/java/bin
configure:2436: checking for jar in /opt/java/bin
configure:2572: checking for apache directory
configure:2683: checking for Java Servlet classes
configure:2762: checking for httpd.h
configure:2762: checking for http_config.h
configure:2762: checking for http_core.h
configure:2762: checking for http_log.h
configure:2762: checking for http_main.h
configure:2762: checking for http_protocol.h
configure:2762: checking for util_script.h
configure:2762: checking for util_md5.h
configure:2881: checking running of apache Configuration

#! /bin/sh
# Generated automatically by configure.
# Run this file to recreate the current configuration.
# This directory was configured as follows,
# on host csb1.cherrystreet.com:
#
# ./configure  --with-apache-src=/devel/apache/apache_1.3.3 --prefix=/opt/apache/jserv --with-jsdk=/opt/jsdk/lib/jsdk.jar
--with-jdk-home=/opt/java --enable-apache-conf --enable-debugging --enable-compressed-jar
#
# Compiler output produced by configure, useful for debugging
# configure, is in ./config.log if it exists.

ac_cs_usage="Usage: ./config.status [--recheck] [--version] [--help]"
for ac_option
do
  case "$ac_option" in
  -recheck | --recheck | --rechec | --reche | --rech | --rec | --re | --r)
    echo "running ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} ./configure  --with-apache-src=/devel/apache/apache_1.3.3
--prefix=/opt/apache/jserv --with-jsdk=/opt/jsdk/lib/jsdk.jar --with-jdk-home=/opt/java --enable-apache-conf
--enable-debugging --enable-compressed-jar --no-create --no-recursion"
    exec ${CONFIG_SHELL-/bin/sh} ./configure  --with-apache-src=/devel/apache/apache_1.3.3
--prefix=/opt/apache/jserv --with-jsdk=/opt/jsdk/lib/jsdk.jar --with-jdk-home=/opt/java --enable-apache-conf
--enable-debugging --enable-compressed-jar --no-create --no-recursion ;;
  -version | --version | --versio | --versi | --vers | --ver | --ve | --v)
    echo "./config.status generated by autoconf version 2.12"
    exit 0 ;;
  -help | --help | --hel | --he | --h)
    echo "$ac_cs_usage"; exit 0 ;;
  *) echo "$ac_cs_usage"; exit 1 ;;
  esac
done

ac_given_srcdir=.
ac_given_INSTALL="src/scripts/build/unix/install-sh -c"

trap 'rm -fr Makefile
src/Makefile
src/java/Makefile
src/c/Makefile
docs/Makefile
example/Makefile
conf/jserv.properties
example/jserv.conf
example/example.properties
example/Hello.java
example/jserv.properties conftest*; exit 1' 1 2 15

# Protect against being on the right side of a sed subst in config.status.
sed 's/%@/@@/; s/@%/@@/; s/%g$/@g/; /@g$/s/[\\&%]/\\&/g;
 s/@@/%@/; s/@@/@%/; s/@g$/%g/' > conftest.subs <<\CEOF
/^[ 	]*VPATH[ 	]*=[^:]*$/d

s%@CFLAGS@%-g -O2%g
s%@CPPFLAGS@% -I/devel/apache/apache_1.3.3/src/include -I/devel/apache/apache_1.3.3/src/os/unix%g
s%@CXXFLAGS@%%g
s%@DEFS@% -DPACKAGE=\"Apache-JServ\" -DVERSION=\"1.0b2\" -DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DTIME_WITH_SYS_TIME=1
-DSTDC_HEADERS=1 -DHAVE_GETTIMEOFDAY=1 -DHAVE_HTTPD_H=1 -DHAVE_HTTP_CONFIG_H=1 -DHAVE_HTTP_CORE_H=1
-DHAVE_HTTP_LOG_H=1 -DHAVE_HTTP_MAIN_H=1 -DHAVE_HTTP_PROTOCOL_H=1 -DHAVE_UTIL_SCRIPT_H=1 -DHAVE_UTIL_MD5_H=1
%g
s%@LDFLAGS@%%g
s%@LIBS@%%g
s%@exec_prefix@%${prefix}%g
s%@prefix@%/opt/apache/jserv%g
s%@program_transform_name@%s,x,x,%g
s%@bindir@%${exec_prefix}/bin%g
s%@sbindir@%${exec_prefix}/sbin%g
s%@libexecdir@%${exec_prefix}/libexec%g
s%@datadir@%${prefix}/share%g
s%@sysconfdir@%${prefix}/etc%g
s%@sharedstatedir@%${prefix}/com%g
s%@localstatedir@%${prefix}/var%g
s%@libdir@%${exec_prefix}/lib%g
s%@includedir@%${prefix}/include%g
s%@oldincludedir@%/usr/include%g
s%@infodir@%${prefix}/info%g
s%@mandir@%${prefix}/man%g
s%@PACKAGE@%Apache-JServ%g
s%@VERSION@%1.0b2%g
s%@INSTALL_PROGRAM@%${INSTALL}%g
s%@INSTALL_DATA@%${INSTALL} -m 644%g
s%@INSTALL_SCRIPT@%${INSTALL_PROGRAM}%g
s%@ACLOCAL@%/devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/src/scripts/build/unix/missing aclocal%g
s%@AUTOCONF@%/devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/src/scripts/build/unix/missing autoconf%g
s%@AUTOMAKE@%/devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/src/scripts/build/unix/missing automake%g
s%@AUTOHEADER@%/devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/src/scripts/build/unix/missing autoheader%g
s%@MAKEINFO@%/devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/src/scripts/build/unix/missing makeinfo%g
s%@SET_MAKE@%%g
s%@host@%hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20%g
s%@host_alias@%hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20%g
s%@host_cpu@%hppa1.1%g
s%@host_vendor@%hp%g
s%@host_os@%hpux10.20%g
s%@RANLIB@%ranlib%g
s%@CC@%gcc%g
s%@LD@%/opt/gcc/lib/gcc-lib/hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20/2.8.1/ld%g
s%@NM@%/usr/ccs/bin/nm -p%g
s%@LN_S@%ln -s%g
s%@LIBTOOL@%$(SHELL) $(top_builddir)/libtool%g
s%@CPP@%gcc -E%g
s%@JDK_HOME@%/opt/java%g
s%@JDK_CLASSES@%/opt/java/lib/classes.zip%g
s%@JAVA@%/opt/java/bin/java%g
s%@JAVAC@%/opt/java/bin/javac%g
s%@JAR@%/opt/java/bin/jar%g
s%@MAINTAINER_BUILD_TRUE@%#%g
s%@MAINTAINER_BUILD_FALSE@%%g
s%@COMPRESS_JAR_TRUE@%%g
s%@COMPRESS_JAR_FALSE@%#%g
s%@DEBUGGING_TRUE@%%g
s%@DEBUGGING_FALSE@%#%g
s%@JSDK_CLASSES@%/opt/jsdk/lib/jsdk.jar%g
s%@JSERV_DIR@%/devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2%g
s%@JSERV_CLASSES@%/devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/src/java/Apache-JServ.jar%g
s%@EXAMPLE_DIR@%/devel/apache/Apache-JServ-1.0b2/example%g
s%@MAKE_LIBJSERV_TRUE@%#%g
s%@MAKE_LIBJSERV_FALSE@%%g
s%@APXS@%%g
s%@LOAD_OR_NOT@%#%g

CEOF

# Split the substitutions into bite-sized pieces for seds with
# small command number limits, like on Digital OSF/1 and HP-UX.
ac_max_sed_cmds=90 # Maximum number of lines to put in a sed script.
ac_file=1 # Number of current file.
ac_beg=1 # First line for current file.
ac_end=$ac_max_sed_cmds # Line after last line for current file.
ac_more_lines=:
ac_sed_cmds=""
while $ac_more_lines; do
  if test $ac_beg -gt 1; then
    sed "1,${ac_beg}d; ${ac_end}q" conftest.subs > conftest.s$ac_file
  else
    sed "${ac_end}q" conftest.subs > conftest.s$ac_file
  fi
  if test ! -s conftest.s$ac_file; then
    ac_more_lines=false
    rm -f conftest.s$ac_file
  else
    if test -z "$ac_sed_cmds"; then
      ac_sed_cmds="sed -f conftest.s$ac_file"
    else
      ac_sed_cmds="$ac_sed_cmds | sed -f conftest.s$ac_file"
    fi
    ac_file=`expr $ac_file + 1`
    ac_beg=$ac_end
    ac_end=`expr $ac_end + $ac_max_sed_cmds`
  fi
done
if test -z "$ac_sed_cmds"; then
  ac_sed_cmds=cat
fi

CONFIG_FILES=${CONFIG_FILES-"Makefile
src/Makefile
src/java/Makefile
src/c/Makefile
docs/Makefile
example/Makefile
conf/jserv.properties
example/jserv.conf
example/example.properties
example/Hello.java
example/jserv.properties"}
for ac_file in .. $CONFIG_FILES; do if test "x$ac_file" != x..; then
  # Support "outfile[:infile[:infile...]]", defaulting infile="outfile.in".
  case "$ac_file" in
  *:*) ac_file_in=`echo "$ac_file"|sed 's%[^:]*:%%'`
       ac_file=`echo "$ac_file"|sed 's%:.*%%'` ;;
  *) ac_file_in="${ac_file}.in" ;;
  esac

  # Adjust a relative srcdir, top_srcdir, and INSTALL for subdirectories.

  # Remove last slash and all that follows it.  Not all systems have dirname.
  ac_dir=`echo $ac_file|sed 's%/[^/][^/]*$%%'`
  if test "$ac_dir" != "$ac_file" && test "$ac_dir" != .; then
    # The file is in a subdirectory.
    test ! -d "$ac_dir" && mkdir "$ac_dir"
    ac_dir_suffix="/`echo $ac_dir|sed 's%^\./%%'`"
    # A "../" for each directory in $ac_dir_suffix.
    ac_dots=`echo $ac_dir_suffix|sed 's%/[^/]*%../%g'`
  else
    ac_dir_suffix= ac_dots=
  fi

  case "$ac_given_srcdir" in
  .)  srcdir=.
      if test -z "$ac_dots"; then top_srcdir=.
      else top_srcdir=`echo $ac_dots|sed 's%/$%%'`; fi ;;
  /*) srcdir="$ac_given_srcdir$ac_dir_suffix"; top_srcdir="$ac_given_srcdir" ;;
  *) # Relative path.
    srcdir="$ac_dots$ac_given_srcdir$ac_dir_suffix"
    top_srcdir="$ac_dots$ac_given_srcdir" ;;
  esac

  case "$ac_given_INSTALL" in
  [/$]*) INSTALL="$ac_given_INSTALL" ;;
  *) INSTALL="$ac_dots$ac_given_INSTALL" ;;
  esac

  echo creating "$ac_file"
  rm -f "$ac_file"
  configure_input="Generated automatically from `echo $ac_file_in|sed 's%.*/%%'` by configure."
  case "$ac_file" in
  *Makefile*) ac_comsub="1i\\
# $configure_input" ;;
  *) ac_comsub= ;;
  esac

  ac_file_inputs=`echo $ac_file_in|sed -e "s%^%$ac_given_srcdir/%" -e "s%:% $ac_given_srcdir/%g"`
  sed -e "$ac_comsub
s%@configure_input@%$configure_input%g
s%@srcdir@%$srcdir%g
s%@top_srcdir@%$top_srcdir%g
s%@INSTALL@%$INSTALL%g
" $ac_file_inputs | (eval "$ac_sed_cmds") > $ac_file
fi; done
rm -f conftest.s*

exit 0
>How-To-Repeat:
I have rebuilt the entire distrubution several times.
I believe that you may be able to reproduce the problem.