www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Scott Vahey <va...@eci1.ucsb.edu>
Subject Re: mod_proxy/3730: Proxy_mod crashes apache
Date Thu, 21 Jan 1999 00:50:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_proxy/3730; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scott Vahey <vahey@eci1.ucsb.edu>
To: marc@apache.org
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_proxy/3730: Proxy_mod crashes apache
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 16:42:03 -0800 (PST)

 >What do you mean by "crashes" Apache.  Please describe
 >exactly what happens.
 When the problem occurs apache is no where to be found on the process list.
 When trying to start apache again it says "Unclean shutdown of previous
 Apache run" in the error log. The httpd.pid file is left after apache was
 not running.

 >Note that a cache size of 50 is somewhat silly; either have
 >no cache, or have enough to make it worthwhile.
 We had a cache size of 500 but for some reason apache filled up all the
 free space on the hard disk of 2.0GB.  Most likely reason is that it used
 up all the free inodes.