www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Scott Vahey <sva...@manhattan.k12.ca.us>
Subject mod_proxy/3730: Proxy_mod crashes apache
Date Wed, 20 Jan 1999 23:46:21 GMT

>Number:         3730
>Category:       mod_proxy
>Synopsis:       Proxy_mod crashes apache
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
We are using a transproxy to pass proxy requests to apache. Apache then passes
the request on to junkbuster 2.0.

The only error messages that were around the time that apache crashes is:
httpd: [Wed Jan 20 15:40:16 1999] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by server configuration:
/home/www_pub

The proxy config section in the httpd.conf
ProxyRequests on
ProxyReceiveBufferSize 2048
CacheRoot /home/cache
CacheSize 50
ProxyRemote * http://localhost:8000
ProxyBlock xxx
We have lots of ProxyBlock directives for unwanted sites.

The last time apache crashed it had a log entry in the access_log that mixed
asci and non asci charaters.
>How-To-Repeat:
Unkown. There are no specific urls that crashes apache, different urls every day.
Apache crashes during the hours of heavy net use.