www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From John Volanthen <j...@jft.co.uk>
Subject Re: mod_cgi/3689: Multipart mime messages cannot be read properly on NT / Win32
Date Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_cgi/3689; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: John Volanthen <john@jft.co.uk>
To: marc@apache.org, apbugs@apache.org, apache-bugdb@apache.org
Cc:  Subject: Re: mod_cgi/3689: Multipart mime messages cannot be read properly on NT / Win32
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 11:41:25 +0000

 marc@apache.org wrote:

 > [If you do not include this Cc, your reply may be ig-   ]
 > [nored unless you are responding to an explicit request ]
 > [from a developer.                                      ]
 > [Reply only with text; DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!         ]
 >
 > Synopsis: Multipart mime messages cannot be read properly on NT / Win32
 >
 > Comment-Added-By: marc
 > Comment-Added-When: Sat Jan 16 10:14:10 PST 1999
 > Comment-Added:
 > What if you use fread() instead of messing with fileno()
 > and accessing the raw descriptor?  Technically, it is NOT valid
 > to use fileno() to read from a device that can't seek.

 Marc,

 I started off  using fread, this seems to do exactly the same.
 Even if I put the read / fread in a loop as below I still only get part of
 the post.

 TotalRead =0;
 do{
     Read = fread(ptmp,1,ContentLength,stdin);
     TotalRead +=Read;
 }while(!feof(stdin));

 I have now tried using Borland C++ Builder and get exactly  the same
 results, so I don't think it's the VC+ libraries

 Has anyone ever had the multipart mime stuff working on Win32? is there any
 sample code ?? - please.

 I have not recently looked through the win32 code for mod_cgi but am about
 to, does the handing of multipart mime differ from that of a straight
 post?. Is there a limitation on the file sizes which can be "posted" to a
 WIN32 console application??

 --
 John Volanthen
 JF Technologies Ltd