www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Taylor Suchan <emo1...@dopplegangers.dynip.com>
Subject general/3699: Clients unable to request.
Date Sun, 17 Jan 1999 06:43:55 GMT

>Number:         3699
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Clients unable to request.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The httpd starts and then will not serve pages, indecies, etc.

The error_log shows several hudered error messages that read as follows:

httpd: [sat jan 16 11:51:38 99] [error] (-2147459072)bad file descriptor. accept (client socket)

The error_log blew up to about 23 meg (all this error) in about 1 hour.
>How-To-Repeat:
Downloaded apache 1.3.4 (the tar.gz)
Uncompressed it.
./configure (with no additional switched)
make

set up the httpd.conf file with the correct paths. and server names, no other modifications,
httpd resides in /usr/local/apache

httpd (at the terminal prompt) and the server starts with no errors.
>Fix:
I havent the foggiest...