www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@apache.org
Subject Re: general/3692: Different DocumentRoot reported on different platforms
Date Sat, 16 Jan 1999 21:55:43 GMT

Synopsis: Different DocumentRoot reported on different platforms

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Sat Jan 16 13:55:42 PST 1999
State-Changed-Why:
I'm afraid I don't understand why it is such a problem to
have to deal with the possibility of a trailing slash or not.

On Unix, if you put a trailing / in the config file then
there will be one.  If you don't, you don't.  If you are
referring to the root of a filesystem, there will always
be a trailing '/' since there will be at least one '/'.

On Windows, the same thing holds; the only difference is
that in the special case of "x:" a trailing '/' is added.
You can not rely on the presence or absense of one, since it
can vary depending on how it is configured.