www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From "jon *" <...@clearink.com>
Subject Re: mod_jserv/3650: Servlets on local filesystem can't autoreload
Date Wed, 13 Jan 1999 23:20:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR mod_jserv/3650; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "jon *" <jon@clearink.com>
To: nakagosi@s1.sysd.snes.nec.co.jp
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: mod_jserv/3650: Servlets on local filesystem can't autoreload
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 15:14:51 -0800

 > I checked servlet tracing message,and I found a message "cl#0 Loaded class
 > GetPut from system"."GetPut" is my servlet name.I recongnized you
 > understood servlets on local filesystem were system classes and system
 > classes were not autoreloaded by servlet loader.
 > I want to ask you this phenomenon is a specification or not.

 i'm not sure if it is a specification (ie: as part of the JSDK), but it is
 the intended effect of Apache JServ because of the fact that it implements
 its own classloader. this allows Apache JServ to provide some level of
 "abstraction" so that servlet zones can be implemented and servlets can be
 protected from one another with the use of zones.

 thanks,

 -jon