www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Eckard Brauer <E.Bra...@intershop.de>
Subject RE: os-osf/3632: regex fails some expressions - ScriptAliasMatch isn't ok.
Date Fri, 08 Jan 1999 16:40:01 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-osf/3632; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Eckard Brauer <E.Brauer@intershop.de>
To: "'apbugs@hyperreal.org'" <apbugs@hyperreal.org>,
	"'apache-bugdb@apache.org'" <apache-bugdb@apache.org>
Cc: "'apbugs@apache.org'" <apbugs@apache.org>
Subject: RE: os-osf/3632: regex fails some expressions - ScriptAliasMatch
	isn't ok.
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 17:31:52 +0100

 Hi there.

 Further explanation:

 ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/.+\.admin(.*)	<ABSOLUTE_PATH>$1

 works for me (means: it matches things like
 "http://<servername>/cgi-bin/ecki.admin...", where

 ScriptAliasMatch ^/cgi-bin/.+\.storefront(.*)	<ABSOLUTE_PATH>$1

 doesn't (means: apache is looking for
 <DocumentRoot>/cgi-bin/<something>.storefront(...) and correctly
 logging an error because it isn't found). Cutting the first three
 characters from the pattern (^/c) made it work, but I don't like
 the solution.

 The error with $APACHE_SRC/src/regex/re comes from engine.c, at
 least I tracked it back to function fast(), but seems to be caused
 by an incorrect compiled expression. Is there any description of
 the expression compiler except *.c?

 I'd like to investigate further if one could send me some useful
 hints.

 Eckard