www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Ponta Riccardo <r...@alma.pegaso-ip.it>
Subject config/3621: configuring two server in a single machine
Date Mon, 04 Jan 1999 11:53:43 GMT

>Number:         3621
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       configuring two server in a single machine
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
I hope you can help me. Don't know what else to do. I'm a novice.
I apologize for my bad english.

How can i configure two http sever on a single machine? i.e., i've
a server name, say www.pegaso-ip.it, on a machine and need to add another
name, www.pescepietro.it (it has another ip address), on the same machine.
Is it possible? I tried virtual host and to start another http server
for www.pescepietro.it but with no result.
Do I have to try with virtual host or with something else?
I must specify two different ports for the two names?

does www.pescepietro.it must be a cname for www.pegaso-ip.it?

My DNS , which maintains the two domains, is on a different machine from
one where runs apache.
pegaso-ip.it is my domain name, the domain pescepietro.it is maintained
on the same machine.

Thanks
Regards,
	Ponta Riccardo