www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Steven Harris <st...@playgal.com>
Subject Re: mod_log-any/3555: Logging To A File Freezes Apache
Date Fri, 18 Dec 1998 23:23:49 GMT
Sure,

If you have a perl script as such:

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
#
# Do something bad
require 'doesnt-exist';

Then reference this perl script in a customlog line:  Eg.

CustomLog "| /usr/bin/myperl.pl" "%h"

Apache normally starts ONE copy of the perl script.  However because this perl
script bombs out, it keeps trying to restart the perl script (everytime it tries
to log a hit as defined in the CustomLog).  Eventually we had the maximum number
of apache processes running and apache stopped responding to any requests.

Steve