www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Cott Lang <c...@internetstaff.com>
Subject mod_jserv/3607: problems reading POST data w/ getReader and GetInputStream
Date Wed, 30 Dec 1998 00:31:52 GMT

>Number:         3607
>Category:       mod_jserv
>Synopsis:       problems reading POST data w/ getReader and GetInputStream
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
getReader() and getInputStream() both fail to return anything when used with
a BufferedReader.

I have used the same code with quite a few other ServletRunners - WebSphere,
Zeus, ServletRunner, Java Web Server, and two versions have always worked
flawlessly with BufferedReader.
>How-To-Repeat:
The following servlet code does not work. It causes no exceptions, ready
simply does not ever return true, for either getReader() or getInputStream()

      if (aMethod.equals("POST")) {
//        This change is to work around a bug in WebSphere
//        BufferedReader reader = aRequest.getReader();
        BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(aRequest.getInputStream()));
        StringBuffer buf = new StringBuffer();
        char[] vCharBuffer = new char[1024];
        int vNumRead = 0;
        while (reader.ready()) {
          vNumRead = reader.read(vCharBuffer, 0, 1024);
          buf.append(vCharBuffer, 0, vNumRead);
        }
        content = buf.toString();
      }
>Fix:
You guys no doubt no more about java streams than I do. :)