www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From m...@apache.org
Subject Re: config/3551: Want restricted access to my entire site.
Date Thu, 17 Dec 1998 22:14:55 GMT

Synopsis: Want restricted access to my entire site.

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: marc
State-Changed-When: Thu Dec 17 14:14:54 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
Well, if you want to restrict access then do it.  If you look
at the docs and the sample config files, it shouldn't be too
hard.

If you put a .htaccess file in a directory, then it applies
to that directory and all directories below it, so just put one
in your top level directory and it will work fine.

Alternatively, put it in your *.conf files inside a
Directory section that applies to your entire site.