www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Laurent LEVIER <llev...@csi.com>
Subject general/3535: Fighting Mirroring
Date Tue, 15 Dec 1998 12:50:06 GMT

>Number:         3535
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Fighting Mirroring
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Hi,

I built a W3 server which is too many mirrored. I wish to add a new feature to Apache, but
I need to know
if noone already doing it :
The features will be :
- A always checked file giving the hosts to reject, or another way (shm, ...)
- A Apache-included feature between the report file and the reporter. This feature analyses
realtime
requests, and count them. If too many (definable) requests from the same hosts to the same
server in a given time,
this can only be proxy cache or mirror (can not detect which one). Then add the from host
to the reject file.

Can you tell me your opinions about this ?

Thanks
>How-To-Repeat:

>Fix:
doing the patch myself !