www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From Keith Langer <tanal...@aol.com>
Subject config/3518: doesn't install properly
Date Thu, 10 Dec 1998 14:35:07 GMT

>Number:         3518
>Category:       config
>Synopsis:       doesn't install properly
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Hi,

I have tried installing Apache 1.3.3 on my Win95 system.  It never seems to finish the installation.
 After it claims to be installed, it says "Starting Apache" and nothing ever happens.  I looked
for the Httpd file (which I assume is some sort of executable, and is the main program) and
it doesn't exist.  Is there something else I have to do? I have installed it twice, and had
the same problem with version 1.3.1 and just gave up back then.
>How-To-Repeat:
Re-install on a Win95 machine?
>Fix:
not sure