www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From David Baron <dba...@fas.harvard.edu>
Subject general/3515: Directory listings produced by apache are not HTML compliant
Date Wed, 09 Dec 1998 22:06:37 GMT

>Number:         3515
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Directory listings produced by apache are not HTML compliant
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The directory listings in the directory listings produced by the Apache server are not compliant
with the DOCTYPE they claim at the top of the page.
See http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/tests/nglayout/
for problems with http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~dbaron/tests/nglayout/
>Fix:
Don't put HR's or IMG's within PRE or change the HTML doctype to a doctype that allows such
things (although I don't know if any do).