www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From sha...@raleigh.ibm.com (Shane Owenby)
Subject Re: os-aix/3508: On default config startup failes on Expected </Files> but saw </Files>
Date Tue, 08 Dec 1998 17:20:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-aix/3508; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com (Shane Owenby)
To: jking@umbc.edu
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-aix/3508: On default config startup failes on Expected </Files> but
saw </Files>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 12:11:06 -0500 (EST)

 Joseph King Wrote:

 > xlC.rte                    3.6.4.0    C    C Set ++ for AIX Application
 > -----------
 > $apachectl configtest
 > Syntax error on line 108 of /usr/local/apache/etc/srm.conf:
 > Expected </Files> but saw </Files>

 The version of the C compiler you have from IBM has a bug in it, which is
 seen from this small code segment...

 static const char a[] = "astring";
 const char *const g = a;
 int main() {
   const char *const b = a;
   printf("%p %p\n",g,b);
 }

 They are to be providing an official PTF or APAR sometime this century.
 I know a fix is available as I have a backdoor one.  I will change
 this PR to analyzed, and provide you with the URL for the fix when
 available.
 Thanks for using Apache ( in the meantime use gcc ).
    Shane Owenby IBM