www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From subrata mukherjee <smukher...@prodigy.net>
Subject os-windows/3509: Unable to run Apache Web server
Date Tue, 08 Dec 1998 16:48:57 GMT

>Number:         3509
>Category:       os-windows
>Synopsis:       Unable to run Apache Web server
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       critical
Afer downloading the binary file from ftp site, I installed the Apache for Win 95.
I assumed there was no need to change any parameters in httpd.conf file as I was
running in the standalone mode. I started from Start menu the Apache console came
alive but I could not type any command there. Later I completely uninstalled it and
re-installed the software. Now when I start it the Console comes up but dies immediately.
If needed I can e-mail my httpd.conf and other files, but basically these are
default ones.
>How-To-Repeat:
It can be repeated on any Win 95 PC.
>Fix: