www-apache-bugdb mailing list archives

From sha...@raleigh.ibm.com (Shane Owenby)
Subject Re: os-windows/3501: Couldn't spawn child process (EXE)
Date Mon, 07 Dec 1998 17:40:00 GMT
The following reply was made to PR os-windows/3501; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: shaneo@raleigh.ibm.com (Shane Owenby)
To: oscarm@grupossy.com
Cc: apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: os-windows/3501: Couldn't spawn child process (EXE)
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 12:27:23 -0500 (EST)

 Óscar" "Muñoz" "García Wrote:

 > When I call to an EXE program under Apache for Windows (allways the same) it could happen:
 >
 > a) The request goes well and y see the correct page at the client.
 > b) Sometimes I see the next error message:
 >    Couldn't spawn child process.
 > c) Sometimes I see the next error message:
 >    Premature end of script headers.
 >
 > Under the shell (COMMAND.COM) the result of the aplication is allways the correct one.
 In order for you to be able to call an EXE is must be a valid CGI, and act
 as such, so it should return ( at the least ) the HTTP header:

 If your script is not, then that is the reason, but as you say above
 if works sometimes and sometimes not...then there may be other variables.
 Whether or not it works from the command line is irrelevant, as you
 are working in a different env than the command, line....

 Also this doesn't sound like an Apache problem, but rather a problem with
 your CGI [exe] or a config problem.